Tips on How to Lighten Skin Naturally
Skin lightening will never go out of style. Women the world over are constantly seeking for the elusive flawless skin. It is much harder today to have a flawless skin, owing to different factors. The pollution in the air, the sun’s UV rays and poor lifestyle makes it imperative that we take care of our skin. The cosmetic products in the market may contain harmful chemicals that make our skin tones dull and uneven.
Stress and medical conditions are also factors in making your skin look dull. Skin whitening is sometimes frowned on, but only if you use harmful chemicals. These are likely to cause harm to your health in the long run. There are several methods of how to lighten skin naturally, without having to resort to chemicals.
Oranges contain Vitamin C, which is greatly beneficial for healthy skin. Oranges also contain a bleaching agent which is useful in lightening your skin tone. It is recommended that you drink orange juice regularly in order to get supple and good textured skin.
Orange juice can be used on its own, or with other ingredients to make face masks. These facemasks greatly improve on your skin tone on regular use.
- Grind dried orange peels and mix them with some plain yoghurt to make a paste. Apply this on your face and neck before bed and wash after 20 minutes. Do this daily for the desired effect.
- Mix two tablespoons of orange juice with a pinch of turmeric powder before bed. Let it stay for 20 minutes then wash it off. Make sure you do this daily and you are sure to see results.
Honey acts as a moisturizer as well as a bleaching agent. It also has antibacterial agents which make it a useful remedy in ridding the skin of scars and black spots. It contains antioxidants which greatly help in slowing down aging.
It protects your skin from UV rays that may damage your skin. The active enzymes in it encourage skin cell production and keep the skin glowing.
Yoghurt is a by-product of milk and contains lactic acid, which contains bleaching agents. There is a lot of information on the internet on how to lighten your skin using yoghurt, either on its own or with other natural ingredients. It contains zinc which aids in getting rid of wrinkles and generally slowing down the aging process. It contains Vitamin B5, B12 and B2 which brightens dark skin, lightens skin discoloration and stimulates cell growth in that order.
Riboflavin present in yoghurt protects skin cells from cancer-causing agents. It tightens pores and helps to regulate oil production.
- Rub in plain yogurt on your skin and leave it for several minutes. Wash off with warm water and do this every day to see results.
- Mix a half tablespoon honey with one tablespoon yogurt. Apply this mixture for 15 minutes daily for a difference in your complexion.
Gram flour does not sound like something that can be used to brighten your skin. Interestingly, it is one of the best natural skin lightening methods there is. The ingredients work quite well in keeping your skin very healthy and remove any excess oil in it.
- Mix some gram flour with some plain water or rose water and apply on face daily. Allow it to dry then wash off.
Aloe vera is a wonder plant in skin care. It works as both a healing aid and as a cosmetic too. Everywhere you go, aloe vera is always cited as a method on how to lighten darkened skin. It contains a cooling effect that allows cells to regenerate. Any tissue that is damaged gets repaired with the constant use of aloe vera and dark spots fade over time.
- Squeeze out the jelly like liquid in an aloe vera leaf by cutting out the outer layer of the leaf. Apply on face and wash off after 30 minutes. Do this twice a week till you start seeing results.
Lemons are in the citrus family like oranges .They contain acid which has bleaching properties. They have a lot of Vitamin C and it stimulates the growth of new cells. Lemons also contain antioxidants which help to lighten skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons lemon juice of turmeric and a tablespoon of turmeric powder. Apply on face and wash after 30 minutes.
- Dip cotton wool in lemon juice and apply to face, or rub a cut lemon on your face. Leave it for an hour and wash off. Do this daily and you will see a change in complexion.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, powdered milk, and some honey. Apply this to face every other day for 20 minutes.
Tomatoes make a pretty good skin lightening home remedy. Tomatoes contain:
- Vitamin A which helps to fade dark spots.
- Vitamin C which helps to build collagen.
- Vitamin B to reduce wrinkles.
- Calcium and potassium which heals and moisturizes dry skin.
- Magnesium which gives skin some radiance.
- Lycopene which protects the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays and it contains properties that sooth sun burns.
Tomato can be used as a skin lightening method with other ingredients and the internet is awash with information on how to lighten skin naturally
- Tomato can be blended or grated and applied to skin for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and do this daily. Another alternative is to drink tomato juice daily.
- Mix one tablespoon tomato juice with a few drops of lemon juice for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and repeat three times a week.
- Tomato with honey applied for 15 minutes will work wonders. Do this thrice a week.
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain which decreases pigmentation and lightens skin.
- Mash a few slices of papaya and apply to skin for 15 minutes and rinse off. Do this 2 or 3 times a week
- Blend a cupful of papaya and add a teaspoon of honey. Wash your face then apply this mixture for 15 minutes. You could opt to add some lemon juice or aloe vera gel to this mixture. Do this every day for best results.
- Papaya with egg white is another alternative. Whisk mashed papaya with an egg white and apply to face for 20 minutes. Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
You can make masks at home
There are very many types of masks that you can use as skin lightening home remedies. All you need to know is how each ingredient works as a natural skin lightener. You can get as creative as you want, so long as you are sure you are not allergic to any ingredient you use. The list of masks you can make at home as DIY skin lightening is not exhaustive. Make sure any ingredient you choose is a natural skin lightener. Some examples used to naturally lighten skin are:
- Papaya and honey mask
- Tomato, oatmeal and honey mask
- Gram flour and yoghurt mask
Home remedies to lighten skin are much better than any of the best skin lightening cream in the market or even the best bleaching cream that exists. Going natural is always the safest option as there are no chemicals in comparison to artificial skin lightening products. The best skin lightening creams available are those that have organic ingredients, and do not come cheap.
DIY skin bleaching using chemicals can go horribly wrong. It can have adverse consequences on your skin later on. It is advisable to try natural best skin bleaching creams which are simple and costs very little. All you need are the ingredients that are easily found in your kitchen. Skin that has changed in pigmentation can cause severe low self- esteem. Natural skin whitening is achievable in very simple methods and there is absolutely no need to resorting to artificial means of whitening skin. Try out the natural methods, which work just as well, and in a much safer way.